This Hövding 3 bicycle helmet / neck collar is a new and improved version of the Hövding 2.0 version from 2016.
One of the great advantages of this version of Hövding 3 is that it is only available in one size that can be adapted to all. This is because the helmet is equipped with a BOA system, which makes it adjustable via a knob in the neck. This is a great advantage as it allows you to adjust the helmet to fit 100% correctly, whether you are riding a little scarf in the winter or cycling in the T-shirt in the summer.
Another big advantage is that the Hövding 3 is both thinner and more ergonomic than the previous models. This is because Hövding has succeeded in reducing the size of their airbag – without compromising safety, which is still 8 times safer than a regular bicycle helmet. The size reduction, of course, also has the advantage that you get a more comfortable helmet around the neck, which is designed to fit perfectly on the shoulders.
Another big difference from version 2.0 to version 3 is that it has now become possible (via Bluetooth) to download the Hövding app via iOS or Android. The app allows you to keep track of your statistics on the bike – including for example. number of kilometers traveled. with your Hövding helmet, battery level, and your Co2 savings compared to car, bus and train.
-and in fact it is also possible to see how much CO2 all Hövding users together have saved the climate for.
This Hövding helmet is practically an airbag neck collar that is released in the event of a crash. This can be done because the helmet contains a sensor that senses the cyclist’s movement pattern down to the smallest detail and responds in the event of an accident. This is done via a very advanced algorithm, specially developed for your chief helmet.
The Hövding helmet / collar is charged via the supplied USB-C cable, which only takes 2 hours for a full charge.
In addition to a detailed guide, there is also a quick-start guide that will allow you to use your helmet immediately.
Hövding 3 is super ideal for both commuters and everyday cyclists. – and of course also those who are too vain to ride a bicycle helmet or just want to get from A to B, without ruining the hairstyle.
In addition, the helmet is also suitable for use on electric bicycles.
NOTE: We do not recommend that the helmet / neck collar be used for a load bike as the helmet’s algorithm is not set up according to the movement pattern of the load bike. We also advise against the use of helmets by young people under the age of 15, as their pattern of movement is also not part of Höving’s algorithm.
We recommend that you charge your Hövding 3 helmet via a laptop as the Windows software includes built-in battery saving features that try to limit the power consumption of connected USB devices, such as Chief. We therefore recommend that all charging takes place via approved USB chargers in electrical outlets.
- Chief bicycle helmet (airbag)
- Model: Chief 3
- Incl. black basic cover
- Suitable for neck size up to 45 cm.
- Shock absorbing
- Bluetooth via iOS and Android
- Chief App
- Release: 0.1 second
- ICE function (direct contact to relatives via SMS) up to 5 contacts
- Illuminates respectively. red and green when off / on
- Battery life: approx. 15 hours of active cycling
- Lights red when less than 20% of power is left
- USB-C cable included
- CE EN 1078
- Water repellent
- Weight: 800 grams
- Suitable from 15 years onwards
- The helmet should only be activated when sitting on the bike
- The helmet must be deactivated before getting off the bike and setting foot to the ground.
- The helmet is suitable for general urban / everyday use and is not suitable for either road cycling or off-road MTB driving.
- Hövding 3 replaces version 2.0, which will not be produced going forward.
- Should not be used on cargo bike
- Should not be used by adolescents under 15 years
- The biggest difference between Hövding 2.0 and Hövding 3
- One size
- Lighter and thinner design
- Ergonomically correctly designed
- Chief App
- Longer battery life
- (More) visible indication of whether the helmet is on or off
- ICE function (up to 5 contacts)
- Registering your helmet in the app
- Higher audio signal
- Ability to check battery status directly on the helmet / collar
- The airbag is sewn in one piece and has been given silicone coating to reduce asphalt friction in case of accident
- Power-saving mode, which is convenient to use in periods when the helmet is not used as often
Ability to update software
Safety and quality
The airbag helmet is shaped like a hood and is therefore also called an invisible bicycle helmet. The helmet is made from an extra strong nylon fabric that doesn’t break, in case you should be so unlucky to hit the ground. The pressure in the airbag will remain constant for up to several seconds, in the event of a trigger, and in this way, it can receive multiple shocks if you end up curing the ground.